In the 1950’s it wasn’t just Engineering Apprentices that the Dowty Group trained, they also had a Secretarial Training School.
The Dowty Secretarial School opened in 1956
The Secretaries, on completion of their training course, each received a “Certificate of Proficiency in Secretarial Practice”
Miss K A V Truman was the Secretary Training Officer.
The first intake of students even awarded Miss Truman with a Silver Salver for her efforts .