Early development of Dowty electrical components began at Arle Court during WW2 when it was a department of Dowty Equipment.
In 1948 the new electrical section moved to Royal House, Montpelier, Cheltenham.
Then in 1956, Dowty Electrics moved to Ashchurch, Tewkesbury.
Dowty Electrics developed and manufactured electrical switches and indicator components used on some of the worlds most modern aircraft and also the electronic and electrical equipment used by Dowty Mining.
In 1967 Dowty Electrics shared the Queens Award for Technical Innovation with Dowty Mining.