Initially formed by Dowty Equipment the company was located in Ashchurch nr. Tewkesbury
A new company called Dowty Nucleonics was created in 1957 and based at Brockhampton Park, Andoversford, Cheltenham
Makers of aircraft electrical components, lever switches, lamp and magnetic indicators, solenoids, micro switches, push button switches. in 1961 the name changed to Dowty Electrics
Dowty Technical Developments situated in the beautiful Cotswolds at Andoversford, just outside Cheltenham and were responsible for Dowty Group Research and Development of innovative ideas and products.
In 1969 Dowty Technical Developments had 250 employees