Balladoole House was the Isle of Man residence of Sir George and Lady Dowty.
The origins of the name Balladoole date back to the fourteenth century, when it was owned by a Galloway Chieftain named Lord Duncan MacDowell.
The present Balladoole House was built in the region of Queen Anne (1714) by Mr John Stevenson, the first recorded speaker of the House of Keys.
Since then the property has been carefully restored by successive owners and a fine feature of this period house is the beautiful pitch pine woodwork panelling, skirting, architraves, coving and exquisite 4 staircase which forms a central showpiece to the property.
Balladoole is one of the largest and most historic estates on the Island still in private ownership. Standing in a commanding position with parkland views from the front, back towards Castletown and from the upper floors at the rear directly south-west towards Port St Mary and the Calf of Man.
The immediate parkland setting including a walled garden and the impressive Balladoole Granary has grounds extending to approximately 18 acres. Imposing Queen Anne Mansion House set in private parkland comprising Entrance porch, impressive Reception Hall, panelled Study grandiose Drawing Room, elegant Dining Room, Morning Room, Kitchen, Laundry Room, upstairs Sitting Room, Master Bedroom, Dressing Room and Bathroom, 6 further Bedrooms, Bathroom, En-Suite and Dressing Room.
The driveway gates and pillars were removed from the Brockhampton Park House & Estate, nr. Andoversford, Cheltenham by Sir George Dowty who owned both properties.